There are some issue’s I noticed with the “dedicated Spotify server” / Spotify Connect:
– After about 10 days of uptime, the Android mini-pc lost wifi-connection, so Spotify didn’t work anymore. After a restart everything was OK again.
I’ve installed the app “Wifi Fixer“, which monitors the wifi connection and restores it whenever the connection stopped. I will let you know if this really works.
I’ve uninstalled the Wifi Fixer app, because it caused losing the wifi connection…
– after a week (more or less) of “uptime”, sometimes Spotify can’t find the MK808, or it can find it, but says it isn’t available for playing. If I look at the screen of the MK808, Spotify is on the foreground and sometimes it’s reacting to changing of the songs too, but it doesn’t play music. I want to investigate this problem further, but haven’t find a way of doing this. Maybe via the Android debug log file. If someone has idea’s for this, let me know please.
– when Spotify is playing, and my tablet is in sleep-mode, when I power on the tablet and unlock the screen, Spotify Connect sometimes changes to another song. I think it’s a Spotify Connect issue. It looks like the tablet is not updated with what song is playing, and then give a wrong signal to the Android mini pc. It often plays the last song I saw on the tablet when the screen wasn’t locked yet.
For a while I didn’t notice this problem anymore, but now it’s back!? I think it’s a problem of Spotify Connect itself, so I hope there will be a fix soon.
– sometimes Spotify Connect can’t find the Android Mini PC (MK808II). Don’t know what the problem is. It often happens when I didn’t play music for a while. When I look at the mini pc via the screen, it just shows Spotify, and it reacts too when I control it directly. When I restart the Android Mini PC, the problem is solved. I thought about a solution to let the mini pc restart every day, but Android has to be rooted to do that.
This problem is fixed by using the app Autostart and StaY!
– The strangest thing I notice sometimes, is that a song sometimes just restarts playing halfway the song, or suddenly another song starts. Really strange thing, I think it’s a Spotify Connect problem, but don’t know for sure.
This problem is fixed by Spotify, I didn’t notice the problem for a while now.